Starting date: As soon as possible, no later than 1st March 2021
Duration: 10 months
Closing date of applications: Sunday, 7th February 2021
CONEBI – the Confederation of the European Bicycle Industry – is looking for a new Communications & Policy Intern. CONEBI represents the Bicycle, E-Bikes and Parts & Accessories Industries at European level. Located in Brussels, CONEBI works on a wide variety of EU policy and regulatory topics.
Moreover, CONEBI is responsible for the secretariat of the recently founded World Bicycle Industry Association WBIA, which represents the Bicycle industry at the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe UNECE.
What will you be expected to do?
You will support CONEBI in several activities, including:
- Monitoring of relevant initiatives and developments at EU and UNECE policy and regulatory level
- International press review
- Support in CONEBI’s online/offline communication channels and presentations
- Support in data collection
- Support in stakeholder engagement
- Support in the preparation of summaries/reports/minutes of working group meetings
- Participation in conferences and networking events
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Strong writing and creative communication skills including through multimedia and social media communications tools. Minimum experience in communication campaigns would be an asset.
- Very good command of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, infographic programmes. Basic understanding of WordPress would be an asset.
- Minimum knowledge of the European political environment, EU institutions and decision-making processes.
- A sincere interest in Cycling and the Bicycle industry
- Minimum previous experience in the fields of transport, industry, internal market or environmental EU policies would be an asset
- Strong research abilities and analytical skills
- Academic background in European Studies, Economics or Public Relations
- Proactive, detail and problem-solving oriented, with multidisciplinary flexibility and strong willingness to learn
What’s in it for me?
- A challenging opportunity surrounded by international colleagues
- Valuable internship experience in European public affairs
- Interacting with a wide range of companies and stakeholders
- A 38-hour workweek
- A paid internship, with possibility of a full employment contract after the internship
Application procedure and agenda
- Send your CV and one-page motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the subject line ‘Communications & Policy Intern CONEBI’
- Please indicate when you could start
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The deadline for the application is Monday, 29th January 2021.
- Should you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com
CONEBI does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or nationality.