Are you interested in European policies, do you like cycling and want to have an interesting professional experience in public affairs in Brussels? Join us as Administrative and Project Officer!
CONEBI – the Confederation of the European Bicycle Industry – is hiring a new Administrative and Project Officer. CONEBI represents the Bicycle, E-Bikes and Parts & Accessories Industries at European level, working on a wide variety of EU policies related to industry, transport, health, environment, international trade matters. CONEBI is located at the heart of Europe, close to the European Institutions in Brussels. We are currently looking for an Administrative and Project Officer to join us for a period of at least 1 year at our office in Brussels, starting on 5th March 2018.
What will you be expected to do?
Your main responsibility will be to support CONEBI in its administrative work as well as in the projects it is currently involved in. The tasks include:
- Administrative work (finances, office administration, Belgian administration)
- Conduct every year an industry and market research
- Data analysis (e.g. Eurostat)
- Project coordination between stakeholders in the field of bike-sharing
- Project coordination of European pavilions at international trade fairs
- Policy monitoring
- Preparation of and participation in conferences and networking events with stakeholders in the field
- Management of CONEBI’s communication channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, website, newsletter)
- Other tasks as assigned and agreed
- Excellent communication skills in English, native level of Dutch or French, other languages are an asset
- Very good command of MS Word, Outlook, Excel (creation of graphics) and PowerPoint
- Academic background preferably in economics, political and social sciences
- Market research skills and analytical thinking
- Good knowledge of the European political environment, EU institutions and decision-making processes
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Well-organised and structured way of working
- Experience with EU Institutions is highly valued
- Preferably at least 1 year of professional experience
- Right to live and work in Belgium
What’s in it for me?
- A challenging job opportunity surrounded by international colleagues
- Valuable working experience in European public affairs
- Expand your personal network by interacting with a wide range of companies and stakeholders
- A 38-hour workweek would be expected, and scheduling would be decided upon arrival
- A competitive salary according to your experience
- Food vouchers per worked day
- Monthly public transport ticket Brussels provided
- Possibility of an indeterminate employment contract after 1 year
Application procedure and agenda
- Send a CV and one-page motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the subject line ‘Administrative and Project Officer CONEBI’
- Please indicate whether you can start on 5th of March 2018
- The final date to apply is 23rd February 2018, but interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible
- Interviews will be conducted from 26th February 2018
- The selected candidate should start working on 5th March 2018
- Should you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com
*CONEBI does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.