State Date: February 2024
Commitment: Full Time
Are you interested in European regulations and standards, do you like bicycles/e-bikes and want to have an interesting professional experience in public affairs in Brussels? Join CONEBI, the European association of the Bicycle, E-Bikes, and Parts & Accessories Industries in Europe, as a Technical Policy Officer.
CONEBI represents the Bicycle, E-Bikes and Parts & Accessories Industries at European level, working on a wide variety of EU regulations and standards related to vehicles, industry, transport and internal market policies. CONEBI is located close to the European Institutions in Brussels.
What will you be expected to do?
Your main responsibility will be to support the CONEBI Technical Director in technical policy work and to support the CONEBI team where needed. The tasks include:
- Monitoring and shaping the technical policy & regulatory discussions that affect the Bicycle, E-Bike, Parts & Accessories Industries and Cycling in general at European and international level.
- Help develop CONEBI’s positions to inform institutions and other stakeholder
- Reaching out to the EU institutions, and particularly the European Parliament, for an open dialogue on the technical files that are relevant for CONEBI.
- Writing position papers and advocacy strategies together with the CONEBI secretariat.
- Preparation of and participation in meetings, conferences and events with EU and national stakeholders, including efficient support (agenda, minutes, research, follow-up).
- Coordination of several CONEBI working groups.
- Supporting internal research & analysis activities.
- University Degree in engineering.
- Excellent communication skills in English; knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the European political environment, EU institutions and decision-making process.
- 1 to 3 years working experience in EU regulatory affairs. Experience in the transport policy is a plus.
- Working experience or internship in the EU institutions, and particularly the European Parliament, would be a strong asset.
- Very good command of MS Office.
- Research skills and analytical thinking.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
- Well-organised and structured way of working.
- Right to live and work in Belgium.
What’s in it for me?
- A challenging job opportunity surrounded by international colleagues
- Valuable working experience in European public affairs
- Expand your personal network by interacting with a wide range of companies and stakeholders
- A competitive salary according to your experience
If interested send your CV and one page motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please use the subject line “Technical Policy Officer – CONEBI”.
CONEBI does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.