State Date: Flexible, to be discussed
Deadline for application: June 10th, 2022
CONEBI is looking to recruit a full-time Technical Manager to join the Secretariat team based in Brussels.
About the successful candidate
- A scientific or engineering background
- minimum 5 years’ experience in EU vehicle regulations, whether it is a company (R&D), a test house and/or a national/international organization or association
- broad understanding of multiple technical parameters, standards and regulatory requirements impacting product development, testing, safety and usage
- excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral (additional languages are a plus). You have demonstrated experience in:
- drafting content – you can adapt your messaging to both an audience of technical experts and an audience of non-experts
- effectively communicating your proposals in meetings
- public speaking experience is a plus
- experience in working in international teams
- experience in participating to meetings with diverse stakeholders, you are a good listener and are skilled at fostering consensus
Personal skills: result-oriented, team player, proven ability to work independently and deliver on time to targets, proactive, prepared to think outside the box.
About the role
You will join the CONEBI Secretariat team and will
- liaise with the policy team to monitor and evaluate upcoming EU regulatory developments, analyse the potential impact for the CONEBI members and recommend actions
- liaise with the CONEBI members to evaluate EU policy developments and foster a CONEBI position
- liaise with EU regulators to explain technology and the CONEBI recommendations
- draft CONEBI advocacy and technical material (e.g. position papers, guidelines)
- Manage CONEBI working groups and taskforces, set up and manage meetings, draft agendas and minutes, support Chair and participating members to forge consensus
The CONEBI office is located in Brussels, Belgium, and the successful candidate will have the possibility to work in a hybrid format.
What we offer
CONEBI is tasked with delivering positive results in terms of EU legislation affecting the Bicycle, E-Bike, Parts & Accessories Industries and you will be at the heart of our activities, working both with industry leaders and technical experts on the one hand and with EU regulators on the other to shape a positive business environment.
We are a vibrant and evolving organization, value for members is what drives the work of the Secretariat. We map industry and regulatory trends and adapt our activities to develop and deliver advocacy and regulatory services for our members and the wider industry.
You will join a dynamic young international team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in line with Belgian living standards.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining the value you can bring to CONEBI and its members by 10 June 2022 to Manuel Marsilio, General Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anna-Lena Scherer (email@example.com ). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to limited capacity.
Please state “Application Technical Manager – [your name]” in the email subject line and please include in the body of your email: “I hereby agree for my personal data to be processed by CONEBI for recruitment purposes” – in line with personal data rules we must have your written consent to follow up on your application. CONEBI will not keep your CV and cover letter on file – all information of non-successful candidates will be deleted from our records.
CONEBI does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.