State Date: As soon as possible
Commitment: Full Time
Deadline for application: February 19, 2023
Are you interested in European policies, do you like bicycles/e-bikes and want to have an interesting professional experience in public affairs in Brussels? Join us as Public Affairs Officer!
CONEBI represents the Bicycle, E-Bikes and Parts & Accessories Industries at European level, working on a wide variety of EU policies related to Industry, Transport, Internal Market, Economic and Environmental topics. CONEBI is located close to the European Institutions in Brussels.
What will you be expected to do?
Your main responsibility will be to support CONEBI in its policy and Public Relations work as well as in the projects it is currently involved in. The tasks include:
- Monitoring and shaping the policy & regulatory discussions that affect the Bicycle, E-Bike, Parts & Accessories Industries and Cycling in general;
- Supporting the organisation of CONEBI events;
- Supporting the communication activities of the association;
- Reaching out to the EU institutions, and particularly the European Parliament, for an open dialogue on the advocacy files that are relevant for CONEBI;
- Writing position papers and advocacy strategies together with the CONEBI secretariat;
- Preparation of and participation in meetings, conferences and events with EU and national stakeholders;
- Coordination of several CONEBI working groups;
- Supporting internal research & analysis activities
- Excellent communication skills in English, knowledge of other EU languages is an asset
- Good knowledge of the European political environment, EU institutions and decision-making process
- 1 to 3 years working experience in EU public affairs
- Working experience or internship in the EU institutions, and particularly the European Parliament, would be a strong asset
- Very good command of MS Office
- Research skills and analytical thinking
- Proactive and flexible attitude
- Well-organised and structured way of working
- Right to live and work in Belgium
What’s in it for me?
- A challenging job opportunity surrounded by international colleagues
- Valuable working experience in European public affairs
- Expand your personal network by interacting with a wide range of companies and stakeholders
- A 38-hour work week
- A competitive salary according to your experience
If interested send your CV and one page motivation letter (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Public Affairs Officer – CONEBI”. Applications end on February 19 but interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
CONEBI does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.