State Date: As soon as possible
Commitment: Full Time
Deadline for application: August 27, 2023
Do you have experience in Sustainability and the bicycle/mobility sector? Are you interested in EU policymaking and skilled at project management? Join CONEBI, the European association of the Bicycle, E-Bikes, and Parts & Accessories Industries in Europe, as a Sustainability Officer.
CONEBI works on a wide range of EU policies related to industry, transport, internal market, and environmental topics. As Sustainability Officer, you will play a crucial role in managing projects on sustainability and representing CONEBI at the EU and global levels.
1. EU Legislation: Monitor EU legislation developments related to sustainability that have an impact on the Bicycle Industry.
2. Sustainability Working Groups: Coordinate and support sustainability working groups within our association as well as with other associations, collaborating with members to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, best practices, white papers on regulatory developments.
3. Global Representation: Represent CONEBI at the United Nations, the World Bicycle Industry Association (WBIA), and other global fora, engaging with key stakeholders to promote sustainable practices in the bicycle industry globally.
4. World Bicycle Industry Association (WBIA): Be the bridge between the CONEBI work on sustainability and the WBIA project on Sustainable Supply Chains (SSC)
1. A University degree, preferably in the field of Sustainability.
2. At least 1 year of relevant experience in sustainability, preferably in the mobility industries sector.
3. Knowledge of EU policy-making procedures and experience in monitoring and analyzing relevant sustainability legislation.
4. Proactive and organized approach to work, with the ability to independently work on projects and prioritize tasks effectively.
6. Experience in project management.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to engage and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
8. Passion for sustainability and cycling.
9. Minimum understanding of the bicycle industry/mobility industries sector is a plus.
10. Excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of other European languages is valuable.
11. Team player and willingness to work in a small and international team.
What We Offer:
1. An exciting and challenging role in a growing industry that is at the forefront of sustainability in the mobility sector.
2. The opportunity to make your mark in a newly created position.
3. Work with international colleagues and expand your professional network. Our members are from all over Europe.
4. A competitive salary corresponding to your experience.
5. A supportive and collaborative work environment within the dynamic Brussels EU area.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a one-page motivation letter in English to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please use the subject line “Sustainability officer – CONEBI”. The application deadline is Sunday 27th of August. Early applications are encouraged, as interviews will occur continuously.
CONEBI is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.